Offering a competitive sign on bonus to the hired candidate. Please discuss with the hiring manager or recruiter for more details.
The LPN is responsible for providing clinical support to providers and patients in Clinical Practice Group (CPG) office. These duties may include: patient care, vital signs, assisting provider, performing various laboratory tests, quality control indicators, and clinical intake.
Medical Assistants provide clinical support, assist with administrative tasks, and provide general support in an ambulatory setting under the direction or supervision of the patient's physician or LIP/RN designee in accordance with policy, procedure and competency to promote patient health and wellness. Duties may include patient care, vital signs, assisting licensed health care professionals, performing various laboratory tests, quality control indicators, and clinical intake. This position requires providing service to all age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
LPN Essential Functions of the Job:
- Room patient and complete intake and data collection process per protocols.
- Gathers preliminary intake to include patient history and inputs into medical record system prior to visit for physician review
- Completes UPG scribe training to documents in the medical record services provided, orders, medications and other activities performed by Licensed Independent Providers in real-time during patient encounters.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies and/or vaccines for the practice.
- Acts as a preceptor for entry level clinicians
- Can perform advanced skills such as establishing IV access, and Urinary Cath
- Perform clinical prep to review records and studies, along with schedules and ensure patients are scheduled appropriately.
- Medication administration: Oral, compounded and noncompounded IM injections, intradermal and SQ injections, premixed immunizations/vaccinations
- Perform venipuncture and ambulatory procedures within scope of practice.
- Laboratory duties including performing point of care testing (POCT) and quality control indicators, and preparing forms.
- Manage EMR requirements to include: in basket, phone call intake, and prescription preparation.
- Preform clinical intake via rooming and telephone encounters.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies for the practice.
- Maintain medical instruments and ensure clinical areas are appropriately stocked and cleaned.
- Document and charge capture for service rendered in Medical Record.
- Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient's needs as directed by the physician.
- Maintains efficient patient flow throughout the clinic experience.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care and ensures a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
Medical Assistant Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assists in assuring effective and efficient clinic operations while maintaining consistent and accurate communication with team members, referring providers, and patients.
- Assists with data collection for physical, psychological, social, and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Completes standardized rooming and performs clinical intake, data collection, and documentation.
- As directed and in accordance with documented competencies, provides clinical support to licensed healthcare professionals during examinations and procedures. Clinical support services include but are not limited to preparing laboratory specimens, performing testing (i.e. point of care testing, CLIA waived testing ECG/EKG, spirometry, venipuncture/phlebotomy, specimen collection, etc.), appropriate cleaning and sterilization of instruments/equipment and rooms, disposing of contaminated supplies, performing wound care, administering medications.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily work assignments to support patient needs, the interdisciplinary team, and operational efficiency.
- Implements age-appropriate interventions based on individual patient needs as directed by the Health Care Provider (HCP).
- Reinforces patient/family teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient through approved educational materials or written instructions.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Document and capture charges for clinical support services rendered within the patient visit.
- Performs administrative support responsibilities. As directed and in accordance with documented competencies, provides administrative support to licensed healthcare professionals. Administrative support services include but are not limited to draft letters and/or assist with completion of forms, facilitate scheduling, pend medication refills, assist with coverage of in basket messaging, assist with clinic/chart prep.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care. Recognizes the importance of time sensitive issues.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others according to departmental policy.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR LPN:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- None required. Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Virginia RN Licensure.
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from a Medical Assistant Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is or Military Medical Specialist with twenty-four months experience and eligible for certification or registration.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification through a recognized national professional association such as the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), the AMT (American Medical Technologists), NAHP (The National Association of Healthcare Professions), the ARMA (American Registry of Medical Assistants), or the NHA (National Healthcare Association). Credentials must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification is required with hire.
General busy clinical environment. The incumbent will be working in an office and patient examination room and is required to help move patients when needed and standing during portions of the physical examination. Physical activity required would include the ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50 pounds, and would involve standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequently bending/stooping and walking. Physical hazards include potential exposure to body fluids and associated pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals, pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.