- Room patient and complete intake and data collection process per protocols.
- Gathers preliminary intake to include patient history and inputs into medical record system prior to visit for physician review
- Completes UPG scribe training to documents in the medical record services provided, orders, medications and other activities performed by Licensed Independent Providers in real-time during patient encounters.
- Medication administration: Oral, noncompounded IM injections, intradermal and SQ injections, premixed immunizations/vaccinations
- Perform venipuncture and ambulatory procedures within scope of practice.
- Laboratory duties including performing point of care testing (POCT) and quality control indicators, and preparing forms.
- Manage EMR requirements to include: in basket, phone call intake, and prescription preparation.
- Preform clinical intake via rooming and telephone encounters.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of medical supplies for the practice.
- Maintain medical instruments and ensure clinical areas are appropriately stocked and cleaned.
- Document and charge capture for service rendered in Medical Record.
- Organizes and prioritizes patient care activities considering the needs of the patients and the interdisciplinary team.
- Implements age appropriate interventions based on individual patient's needs as directed by the physician.
- Maintains efficient patient flow throughout the clinic experience.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Demonstrates teamwork in the delivery of patient care and ensures a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
General busy clinical environment. The incumbent will be working in a office and patient examination room and is required to help move patients when needed and standing during portions of the physical examination. Physical activity required would include the ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50 pounds, and would involve standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequently bending/stooping and walking. Physical hazards include potential exposure to body fluids and associated pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals. pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
About University of Virginia Physicians Group (UPG)
Since 1979, UPG has been operating independently in support of UVA Health and UVA School of Medicine. We are an administratively supported group practice that operates as a collaborative UVA Health entity committed to supporting UVA Health physicians and providers at UVA Medical Center while improving the lives of patients with outstanding healthcare in a growing number of Clinical Practice Group (CPG) locations throughout Charlottesville and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
At UPG, you will be part of the expert team of health professionals who deliver world-class care within UVA Health. At UPG, our clinical and administrative teams are dedicated to delivering the best academic care directly to the people of Virginia. We are widely acclaimed for our services, research and quality of care that we deliver in stand-alone primary and specialty care centers and in UVA Health’s nationally acclaimed medical centers.
Quality Of Life
Virginia is one of the nation’s most charming and picturesque places to live and work. Our area boasts many excellent restaurants, wineries and craft breweries; historic sites; Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive; and a great selection of homes in welcoming neighborhoods, as well as urban and rural locations. Public transportation is excellent, and you’re just a short drive from the beach or Washington, D.C.