UVA Lake Monticello Primary Care in Palmyra, VA is seeking a family medicine physician to provide full spectrum care. Lake Monticello is a small community within 30 minutes of downtown Charlottesville, VA with access to beautiful scenery and outdoor activities.
- Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 7 am - 4:30 pm, Friday 7 am - 2:30 pm
- Team of 1 MD and 1 APP
- Well established practice and patient panel
- Rotating call schedule
- Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative management, office manager and nursing staff to facilitate patient management through the health care system.
- Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosing and initiation of medical processes or procedures commensurate with training and experience and as credentialed by the UVA Health System.
- Performs and legibly documents comprehensive health histories and physical assessments on assigned patients and episodic evaluation on others, to include initiation of CPR or other appropriate emergency therapy as needed.
- Formulates diagnoses and identifies problems and health risk profiles of selected patients and documentation and communicates this information to other members of the health care team.
- Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies, such as x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with staff.
- Performs procedures and/or surgeries with scope of practice and UVA Health System credentials/privileges.
- Orders medications, treatment and therapies in accordance with Virginia Prescriptive regulations.
- Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other physicians, including specialists and other healthcare providers when and if needed.
- Evaluates and analyzes patient responses to the disease process or therapeutic or diagnostic interventions.
- Provides information and support to patients and families regarding disease process and treatment plan, thus facilitating communication between patients/families and healthcare team.
- Participates in on-call responsibilities either in practice or inpatient environment.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned diagnostic procedures, medications, and treatments.
- Manages patients in accordance with established UVA Health System and UVA UPG policies and procedures.
- Participate in hospital, nursing home, assisted living or other institutional care setting practice if appropriate.
- Examines systems and processes in populations and recommends, develops, implements and evaluates strategies for improvement.
- Promotes timely and compassionate communication between families and health care team.
- Report in a timely manner births, deaths, outbreaks of contagious diseases and other information critical to the patient's and/or the public's health as required by legal or governmental authorities.
- Meets quality standards as determined by the Medical Director and/or UVA Health System.
- May serve on selected committees of nursing, medical and administrative staff as needed.
- May participate in the clinical experience of medical students, interns, residents, and graduate nurses as appropriate.
- Participates in group peer and other review activities.
- Prepare and attend to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of the professional services.
- Promote the professional practice of the group.
- Perform other duties as assigned occasionally that are commensurate with professional service normally and customarily provided by a physician.
- Follow policies and procedures, including those of UPG, UVA Health System, CMS and other contracted payers with which the group may contract.
- Accurately assigns Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes and ICD Diagnosis codes.
- Works with Administrative Management on the implementation of policies regarding Advanced Beneficiary Notices (ABN) and other payor requirements necessary to ensure the timely payment of claims.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of other health care professionals.
- Develops and presents educational programs to the medical and nursing staff.
- Participate in the design and development of teaching materials.
- Updates practice through continuing education by attending conferences, rounds, reports, lectures, journal clubs and regional/national professional conferences.
- Serves as clinical resource in the care of patients to nursing, medical and allied healthcare practitioners.
- Seeks professional growth opportunities that enhance professional practice through both formal and informal activities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of Accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO). Completion of Accredited Residency in chosen specialty,
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 2 years of graduation) must be kept current, Unrestricted license to practice within the Commonwealth of Virginia, Current DEA certificate without restriction
- Experience utilizing a personal computer and computerized scheduling.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: computer keyboard. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs. May be exposed to noise, radiation, radioactive materials, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.